E-swecha is an operating system completely for the engineers by the engineers and to the engineers. E-swecha is again the project taken up by swecha.
The Purpose of Eswecha to fulfill the needs and requirements of the modern engineering students, it has all the FOSS Academic software and tools which are more worth like proprietary licenses software.
Eswecha a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use.
Some of the reasons for the success of Eswecha are:
- It works out of the box, with fully education tools, multimedia support and is extremely easy to use.
- It's both free of cost and open source.
- It's community-driven, Engineering students from different colleges with their ideas can be used to improve Eswecha.
- Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages including all engineering packages and one of the best software managers to install software and tools.
- It's safe and reliable. Thanks to conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update manger and the robustness of its Linux architecture, Eswecha requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware, no anti-malware ... etc). Since your privacy is really important to us.
Swecha foundation is the team which works on localising the GNU/Linux distribution. 'Swecha' is the OS completely in telugu language. Inspired by the Free Software philosophy we have come up with the idea of localising the operating system. We believe that the technology which is not in the reach of a common man is worthless. In order to fill this gap we thought of localising the operating system and started porting it in villages. We were very successful in this trial.